Have you finalised your Christmas Menu yet? Is there a vacant spot for a dessert? If so, here’s a quick and simple dessert. No baking, no cooking (almost), just assemble the layers and a yummy dessert is ready! I got this recipe from my friend, Anila. She got it from one of her friends… A big thank you to whoever discovered this recipe :) Since you’re busy with holiday preps, I’m not taking much of your time.
But before you go…
Jose & myself wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas! May this festive season bring you joy, happiness & peace!
Shall we go to the recipe?
- Pound Cake – 1 (I used Sara Lee’s All Purpose Pound Cake, 300gm)
- Milk/Sugar Syrup – 2-3 tbsp
- Kiri Cheese – 6 squares/108 gms (refer notes)
- Dream Whip Sachet (whipping cream powder) – 2 small (refer notes)
- Thick Cream – 125 ml (I used Puck brand)
- Creme Caramel Pudding Mix – 2 packets
- Coca-Cola – 330 ml can
- Slice the pound cake & layer in a pudding dish. Brush the milk/sugar syrup over the cake to moisten it.
- Whip the whipping cream powder as per package instructions. Add thick cream & cheese to the whipped cream & beat well using electric beater till its combined well. Spread this mixture on top of the cake layer. Keep it in the fridge while you make the top layer.
- Add Coca-Cola to the contents (sugar syrup+pudding mix) of Creme Caramel packets. Mix well & let it boil. Remove from fire. Allow to cool for sometime. Keep a close eye to make sure that it doesnt get set. Pour this over the cream & cheese layer. Return to fridge & let it set for 5-6 hours or overnight. Slice & serve chilled.